How to install Calc Buddy?
- Unzip the downloaded file
- Copy the Calc_Buddy.xlam file to a location which is easy to find and you always have access to.
- As the file was downloaded from the internet, Windows may add a security block to the file, so you will need to change that setting first.
- Right click on the file, select Properties.
- From the Properties menu, ensure the Unblock box is ticked (if there is not an Unblock box, ignore this step), then Click OK.
- Double click the file. The file includes an auto-installer. Depending your security settings you may see the following window: Click Enable Macros.
- You have the option to install the Calc Buddy Add-in or use once.
- If the Calc Buddy Add-in has installed correctly you should see the following message:
The Add-in had disappeared
Some users may experience the add-in disappearing from the Ribbon. This is due to a security setting. To ensure the add-in opens correctly each time follow these instructions:
- Find the folder where the Calc Buddy Add-in is saved.
- Right click on the file and select Properties.
- From the Properties menu, ensure the Unblock box is ticked, then Click OK.
- Close Excel and re-open it. The Add-in should now appear.
If this page does not answer your question please e-mail me – mark at exceloffthegrid dot com, or use the contact form.