The Document Control Template is a macro-enabled Excel workbook. Therefore, it is simple to use and does not normally require administrator privileges to install and use.
In 2022, Microsoft introduced security settings to automatically blocks all macro-enabled workbooks downloaded from the internet. Therefore, the installation steps below are standard for all downloaded macro-enabled workbooks.
Follow the steps below to enable the Document Control Template for use. It is only necessary to perform this procedure once for each download.
- Ensure the Document Control Template workbook is closed.
- Navigate to the location where the workbook is saved.
- Right-click on the file and select Properties from the menu.
- Check the Unblock box, then click OK
Now the workbook is unblocked, and ready for use.
- If there is no Unblock option available, the workbook may have already been enabled.
- If you see the following message, the workbook has not been successfully unblocked:
- If the IT department in your organization has blocked all VBA Macros by default, the Document Control Template cannot operate correctly. Please speak to your IT admin.
Discover other articles: